Future Leaders -stipendiary

picture from google

Future Leaders 2017


I´m leaving on 20th of June to Washington D.C for six weeks as a Future Leaders -stipendiary. The program is organized by AFS and funded by CIMO and the US Embassy. All 16 to 17 y.o secondary students had the chance to apply. This year there were 168 applicants of which 15 were chosen.

As I applied I had to write an text with the title of How do I contribute to creating a better world? and also send my grades from the part year. Based on that 80 applicants were chosen to go to an interview. After that the group was cut down to 15 people to get the stipend. I still remember when a couple days before Christmas I got a call from AFS telling me I was one of the chosen ones. I was overwhelmed and couldn´t believe it was actually true.

We, 15 stipendiaries, will leave to D.C TOMORROW. I´ll continue blogging through the whole trip, maybe even longer.






Olen lähdössä 20.6 Washington D.C:hin kuudeksi viikoksi Future Leaders -stipendiaattina. Ohjelma on siis AFS:n järjestämä ja CIMOn sekä Yhdysvaltojen suurlähetystön rahoittama. Hakea saavat kaikki 16-17 -vuotiaat toisen asteen opiskelijat. Tänä vuonna hakijoita oli 168, joista valittiin 15 stipendiaattia. 


Hakiessa piti kirjoittaa teksti otsikolla How do I contribute to creating a better world? ja sen lisäksi liittää hakemukseen kouluarvosanoja. Sen perusteella valittiin 80 hakijaa haastatteluun ja sen jälkeen porukka karsittiin 15 stipendiaattiin. Muistan, kun muutama päivä ennen joulua sain puhelun AFS:ltä, että minut oli valittu mukaan. Olin haltioissani, enkä ensin voinut uskoa sitä todeksi.


Me, 15 stipendiaattia, lähdemme matkalle HUOMENNA. Jatkan koko Yhdysvaltojen matkan ajan, ehkä pidempäänkin.




Linkistä löydät minun ja kahden muun stipendiaatin haastattelun Helsingin Sanomissa.





Comments